This simple frozen hot chocolate brings a taste of winter to hot summer days.
To kick off the first official week of summer, I thought I would share one of my favorite sweet and cool treats – frozen hot chocolate! I know, I know, you may be thinking, “Isn’t hot chocolate a winter drink?” You are correct! However, if you are like me, you may have a bit of hot chocolate mix left over from this past winter that needs to be used up. This recipe is a great excuse to use the rest of that cocoa mix and is the perfect combination of winter and summer in a glass.
Frozen Hot Chocolate
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1-2 packets or ½ cup of hot cocoa mix
- 1-2 cups of vanilla ice cream
- 6-8 ice cubes
- ½ - 1 cup whole milk
- 1-2 TBS of mini-chocolate chips
- whipped cream
- chocolate sauce
- Combine hot chocolate mix, ice cream, ice cubes, milk, and chocolate chips in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and of course more chocolate chips.
- Enjoy! -- oh and I guess share with your kids if you must.
Pin for Later
Check out more of our recipes here.