Have you read the Pete the Cat books? I hadn’t until last week… and I’ve been missing out! When I first read the book, Pete the Cat: I love my White Shoes, I had the urge to go back to the library to get all the other Pete the Cat books. They are great books! And more importantly, my daughter adores this book. It’s memorable and funny.
**Please note, this post includes affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases with no additional cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Pin Now and Read Later!
Since this is my daughter’s current favorite book, I had to do an activity using the content from the book. So we made a simple fruit pizza.
This activity will help support sequencing skills, learning colors, and following directions.
Ingredients and materials you will need to make a Pete the Cat fruit pizza snack:
- Rice cakes
- Craft stick (or knife if you’re comfortable with your child using it)
- Paper plates
**You can adjust the difficulty level of directions according to your child’s age. Example: For older kids, you can specify where on the rice cake to put the strawberries.
- Read the book to your child and point to the strawberries and blueberries as you read about them so they can visualize the actual colors.
- To assemble the fruit pizza snacks, first place a rice cake on your plate. Next, spread some Nutella on your rice cake with the craft stick.
- Then, place some strawberries and blueberries on top of your rice cake.
- Finally, eat the rice cake and “sing the song and it’s all good.” 😉
Enjoy reading and making this simple, yummy treat with your kids!!
Have you read any Pete the Cat books? If so, what’s your favorite?
Check out other books that your kids will love.