Hi and welcome to our mamahood! I’m Kelsee, an outdoorsy, adventure seeking mama of a 1-year-old baby boy.
I grew up in Southern Idaho in a small farming community. Both of my parents were elementary school teachers and instilled in me from a very young age a love for learning and teaching. After graduating high school, I attended Brigham Young University where I earned my Bachelor of Science degree in Communication Disorders. I then attended the University of Utah, where I earned a Master of Science degree in Speech-Language Pathology. During my last year at Brigham Young University, I met my very best friend and husband. We married the following year during my first year of graduate school. We spent 4 fun-filled years adventuring before our baby boy made his debut.
Currently I work part-time as a certified speech therapist in an elementary school. I provide speech and language services for preschool through 6th grade students. In my spare time I enjoy baking, sewing, basketball, hiking, rock climbing, and of course, playing with my son.
Fun Facts About Me:
- I worked 2 summers during college as a wildland firefighter for the Bureau of Land Management. During a 14 day assignment to a fire, I was only able to shower once!
- I hate heights, but I absolutely love to rock climb and canyoneer—oh the irony.
- I am obsessed with Cranberry Sprite (which is only available during Christmas time) and Starburst Jelly Beans!
- Once, when I was in college, I locked myself in the bathroom. After 20 minutes of getting over my embarrassment and pride, I called for my roommate KyLeigh’s help. The next thing I knew, Kyleigh, Heather, Amy, and Jayci were all on the other side of the door laughing at me and advising me how to get out. After Kyleigh’s genius advice to just, “pull out on the doorknob,” like I was supposed to in order to properly unlock the door, I was finally free. They all laughed and laughed and they never let me forget this experience. Then again, they had every right to laugh at me, after all, we had been living there for 2 months and I still had not figured out how to properly lock and unlock the bathroom door.
Recent Posts by Kelsee
- Cutler’s Almond-Glazed Sugar Cookie
- DIY 3D Paper Snowflake
- Thanksgiving Stuffing
- Baked Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts with Maple-Cinnamon Glaze
- Easy Cakey Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Speech Sound Development
- DIY Crib Rail Teething Guard
- Lemon-Raspberry Icebox Pie
- One Pot Lemon Chicken and Rice